Monday 12 October 2015

First Online skype call

The online skype call held on Tuesday 6th October was a great way to be introduced to some of the other students taking the course. There were people at the same stage as me, confused and a little angst as to how to start Module 1, and others who were in their later stages of the course. 

We began by introducing and speaking a bit about ourselves. It was interesting to talk with the other students as well as hear what they did for a living or in their spare time, whether this was teaching in a dance school part or full time, playing a musical instrument, auditioning for a job or dancing in a company. 

When expressing confusion or difficulty with a task, people were more than happy to share their thoughts and helping points which I thought was a good way to communicate and help each other learn from their own experiences. 

If I'm honest there were points where I felt pretty stressed out as we started discussing ideas for the other modules, any problems other people were having with them and how we could make a start on them. As helpful as this will be in the long run, it worried me as I thought how could I start thinking and planning for these other modules when I don't even know how to make a start on the first thing! Although I did feel this way, I think it definitely was helpful for Module 1 to see where the course will take us as well as where our own ideas and explanations can take us too. It was also a good opportunity to ask for any advice or questions. One piece of advice given was to look at different examples of blog entries and to make an executive decision of what you are comfortable writing with as well as the style. This person found it easier and less confusing to think of the whole thing as a Self Evaluation. 

I look forward to the next call!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nafisah - you have taken a lot of time to get together with your peers for the course - which is great - I have tried the activity of googling you! is that you on LinkedIn? any links to Chrysalis London http://chrysalisdancelondon.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is me on LinkedIn! I googled myself a few years ago and was shocked at how much of my private information, (and some of my friend's) was there, so I then set most of my social media profiles onto private. Chrysalis London are currently working on updating their website, so I do not have a complete profile yet but I will hopefully have one up soon!

    ReplyDelete