Monday 12 October 2015

Getting Started

Enrolling on the BAPP course: Done!
Reading the Module Handbooks: Done!
Creating my blog: Done!

Now for the next step: Getting started (Or attempting to at least). The idea of starting this course was a very disconcerting prospect for me. I had many thoughts going through my head. Where am I going with this? How will I manage to fit all my work in? What have I got myself into? Despite being interested in writing and always wanting to start my own blog, I have never managed to do so, yet here I am now beginning my first one! Where do I start? What do I say? The idea of it all is still quite new and daunting yet at the same time I am excited to get going.

When you first read or hear the words 'University Degree', your eyes widen with panic and fear of the '5 hour lectures' and the never-ending assignments as you begin to imagine sleepless nights filled with endless writing until your hand drops off. Well, my eyes did, BUT in actual fact, as I read the handbooks and manuals in more detail to get a better understanding, I realised how well suited this course is for me. Although I may have difficulty with certain aspects of it, I am able to relate to the course well and use my own experience and knowledge to get through it, while at the same time gaining more. As scary as this course sounds, I think it's a fantastic opportunity to work independently to explore your ideas alone.

I am really looking forward to Module 1 of BAPP course, meeting my fellow bloggers as well as developing a full understanding of my own work that will apply to my future.

If anyone reading this has any suggestions or improvements I could make to any of my blog entries, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment