Sunday 25 October 2015

1d: 2D Images

Normally I would upload my photos onto Facebook or Instagram, so this time I decided to do something a little different from the usual and create a new Flickr account and familiarise myself with it. By creating Flickr, I aim to use it in a professional manner, using it for photos that describe and relate to me as well as showing what I currently do and have done previously. By choosing certain photographs without having to write a long explanation for each one, I can showcase myself professionally in a way that is a lot easier. 'A picture speaks a thousand words!'

If you’d like to have a look, please visit my Flickr page at the following link:


I have so many photos on different social media accounts that have built up from years of posting, so have hand-picked a few so far and placed them into 3 different albums; Chrysalis London, the dance company I am currently working with, my dance movements shots that were taken before I graduated from Tring Park, and my travels to Cuba in 2011 with my dance school, where I spent a month dancing with ProDanza, a Cuban dance school. I will definitely be adding and building onto my Flickr account soon!

‘A camera is a save button for the mind’s eye’ – Roger Kingston

There’s nothing people love more than flicking through an old photograph album, reminiscing all the good times you’ve had with friends and family. But why do people take photos?

With a photo you can capture it and keep it forever. We take photographs for granted sometimes, not realising the beauty of the moment that we possibly may never get the chance to see again. Photos can tell a story of adventure, a unique perspective of something, an opinion or belief and for some people is a way to express themselves. 

I take photos and share them for all the reasons above. But when I take a photo and post it onto my social media accounts, I am not only posting something creative for myself, but to share with my friends, family and possible followers. They are interested in what I share, and the interest is reciprocated most of the time.  It’s simple to be creative, but I find it a beautiful thing to share this creativity with others. I’ve always found going through photos on my phone, or in a photo album almost like a personal souvenir I can look at whenever I like and however many times I like. Every photo, even the most boring ones, have a story behind them. 

2 comments:

  1. Nafisah - enjoyed looking at these - you say that for you there is sharing - and that does follow form this presentation of your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are lovely and I agree I believe there is a story behind every photo good or bad. Think to a potential employer to these photos give them an opportunity to see your personality and also some beautiful shots showing the potential you obviously have =) x

    ReplyDelete