Tuesday 5 April 2016

Further Research

After feeling a little lost with the module, I have found speaking to Paula incredibly helpful, and through that have made progress with further research! Still on the same path of finding what ‘The Perfect Learning Environment’ is, I have integrated themes that link important parts together. For example, I have found that some of the highlighted words in my previous mindmap; Chrysalis, change, diversity etc have a link between them that I could use to grow and more importantly evolve my research. I have almost ‘zoomed in’ on these words, adding a few others, finding interesting subjects, views and ideas that will help me to develop my lines of professional inquiry.


I have decided to leave interviewing my director and peers till later and focus on getting more analysis done. Rather than trying to be a perfectionist and planning every little thing down to a T, I want to see where my research takes me. What do I want to do? I want to develop some of the questions from my last blog by reading sources combined with using my own personal experience and observations to see where they take me into the next stage. 



2 comments:

  1. Nafisah - I think many of the issue in your mind map relate to the edits about learning in the workplace - so a good path that works well with work-based learning - how do dancers learn within a company? Who do they learn form? Is it all informal? http://infed.org/mobi/what-is-informal-education/ or does the director also build in progression? How? Looking forward to your research questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these ideas! I particularly like the 'how do dancers learn within a company?' question. I had an idea of documenting how I learn in different environments and dance styles, for example I want to journal how and why I learnt in a contemporary and a ballet class and then compare the two. I could add learning within a company and compare the three together as well.

    ReplyDelete