Wednesday 2 March 2016

Making A Start on Module 2

I think I’m definitely one of those people that reads a lot of information at once and has PANIC as my first reaction but I’ve decided to take a different approach to Module 2. Rather than stress and rush my work or get things done at the last minute, I want to be able to have a process of studying that allows me to use my time wisely and to take advantage of asking for help or getting help when offered.

After going through Reader 4 and the Handbook, I do have many questions I want to ask, but already having some sort of idea of my Professional Inquiry has definitely helped. I understand that Module 2 is a combination of using researched information, trial and error and reflection; where by using these tools I will shape and mould my research in order to aid me develop my lines of inquiry.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the online session but from reading the very helpful blogs from the people that attended the discussion, many questions I had been worrying about were answered and I now feel I have a much clearer understanding of what Module 2 will involve.  

Although I am feeling a little apprehensive I do look forward to getting started, as the quote goes...

'The secret of getting ahead is getting started!' 

2 comments:

  1. Nafisah we had a good conversation the other day about your company Chrysalis London - I mentioned Senge's book The Dance of Change - which should be in our library also

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2ruCErTok

    http://infed.org/mobi/the-learning-organization/

    http://www.moyak.com/papers/learning-organization-presentation.pdf

    Talking with Jodie - the director - might help clarify this as Chysalis London is a dance company with a learning vision...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did a bit of research on the book and it sounds quite interesting - will have a look in the library for it.

    Thank you for these links, I have found them very helpful! Especially Peter Senge's Learning Organization youtube video.

    ReplyDelete